posted by Ahijoy on September 19, 2022
How To Use Glitter Iron-On Vinyl?
Do you have any experience using iron-on glitter sheets? Glitter iron-on vinyl adds a little fun to your craft projects. Not only you can use it to add glitter to anything, but you can also use it as an accent on other materials like fabric. With glitter iron-on vinyl, you can make your projects sparkle and shine. It can be used for all kinds of things, such as apparel, accessories and home decor. Using glitter iron-on HTV without tearing your hair out!
Step By Step Guide How To Use Glitter Iron-On Vinyl
In this post, we'll show you how to use glitter iron on vinyl with a heat press.
Step 1: Cut Your Design
Since glitter iron on vinyl is thicker than normal sheets of paper or plastic, it's important that you cut it properly so that it doesn't get stuck in the cutting blades of your machine. With an X-acto knife, cut out your design. You can also use scissors but make sure they're sharp since they'll be working against the thick material of the glitter iron on the vinyl sheet.
Step 2: Peel Off The Backing Paper
Peel off the backing paper from one side of the glitter iron on a vinyl sheet. Make sure you leave the other side intact so that you don't get any glue on your hands or fingers when pressing down on it later in the next step.
Step 3: Heat Press On To Fabric/Surface
Place your fabric or other surface face down onto the sticky side of your glitter iron on a vinyl sheet and press firmly for about 10 seconds with a heat press or 30 seconds if using an iron.
Our Favorite Glitter Vinyl Options
Glitter vinyl is a great option for adding fun designs to t-shirts. The best part about using this type of material on tees is that it doesn’t interfere with the printability of your design! So if you want to add some sparkle to your tee designs without having them compete with one another, then glitter is ideal for this purpose.
You can use glitter iron-on vinyl with leggings as well as t-shirts. This is great for kids because they won't have any issues with them falling off when they wear them!
It is not only possible to remove bubbles with a squeegee, but it is also possible to prevent them from getting trapped. Vinyl decal back papers cannot be taken off at once. Begin peeling and sticking at one corner and apply pressure with a squeegee.
Guide How To Weed Glitter Iron-On Vinyl
- Cut your glitter iron-on vinyl using a vinyl cutter, a cutting mat, and a rotary blade.
- Place your glitter iron-on vinyl on the weedable material with the shiny side down.
- Weed the glitter iron-on vinyl using a weeding tool and an exacto knife or razor blade.
- Peel away the excess material to reveal the design.
Here Are Some Tips For Using Glitter Iron-On Vinyl:
- Apply heat evenly to the fabric. Use a low temperature setting and apply even heat to the fabric to prevent burning or melting.
- Iron on glitter in small sections. If you want to cover an entire garment, iron on glitter in small sections and then stitch the pieces together.
- Wash your garment before applying the vinyl. This will help prevent any bleeding or smudging of colors during application.
- Use a good-quality heat press. If your heat press doesn't get hot enough or doesn't have enough pressure, you won't be able to transfer the vinyl to your project.
- Prepare your project by cutting out the shape of your design. Make sure there's plenty of space around the edges so that when you apply the vinyl it doesn't stick to anything other than itself.
- Remove the backing layer from the glitter iron-on vinyl, leaving only the adhesive layer intact. Place this adhesive side down onto the wrong side of your fabric or paper and rub it down with an applicator tool until you're happy with how it looks and feels in place.
- Heat up your iron on high (no steam) and press down on the glitter iron-on vinyl for about 15 seconds with no steam. Until it's warm enough to melt through the adhesive layer but not hot enough to damage your project or cause any color bleeding from other layers of material that are underneath it.
- Always use an ironing sheet when applying vinyl designs with glitter.
As we've shown you, glitter iron-on vinyl is a design material that you can use when you want something to stand out. While it's not used as often as ordinary iron-on materials, this type of HTV can be the perfect tool when you want to add some sparkle. The lightweight, adaptable vinyl will allow you to easily decorate your shirts to match any mood or occasion, and it's incredibly easy to work with. Now that you know how easy it is to use HTV for your clothing, get ready for the compliments!